Meetings to be held at 16 area libraries
INDIANAPOLIS (Aug. 24, 2016) — Indy Connect is hosting lunchtime information sessions about the Marion County Transit Plan over a four-day period in September at 16 Indianapolis library branches. Residents are encouraged to bring their lunch and learn how the plan will affect their neighborhoods and lives.
“People have a lot of questions about the Marion County Transit Plan, and these Lunch ‘n Learns are one way they can get answers,” said Sean Northup, assistant executive director of the Indianapolis MPO. “The format will be informal, and everyone is welcome to bring their lunches and eat while staff from the MPO, IndyGo and CIRTA staff explains the plan.”
Residents also can visit www.indyconnect.org for details.
On the November 8th, Marion County residents will have the option to vote on an income tax increase of $0.25 for every $100 of income to pay for improving public transit. If approved, the Marion County Transit Plan will create a connected, frequent network of bus and rapid transit lines. It will bring a 70% increase in IndyGo services, shortening wait times and increasing morning, evening and weekend hours. It also will implement the Blue and Purple rapid transit lines along high-ridership corridors, and expand the Red Line. The full plan will be completed and operating by 2021.
Tue., Sept. 6
- 12:15 -1 p.m., Decatur Branch Library, 5301 Kentucky Ave.
- 12:15 -1 p.m., West Indianapolis Branch Library, 1216 S. Kappes St.
- 12:15 -1 p.m.,Haughville Branch Library, 2121 W. Michigan St.
- 12:15 -1 p.m., Wayne Branch Library, 198 S. Girls School Rd.
Wed., Sept. 7
- 12:15 -1 p.m., Nora Branch Library, 8625 Guilford Ave.
- 12:15 -1 p.m., Glendale Branch Library, 6101 N. Keystone Ave.
- 12:15 -1 p.m., Eagle Branch Library, 3325 Lowry Rd.
- 1:15 – 2 p.m., Pike Branch Library, 6525 Zionsville Rd.
Friday, Sept. 9
- 12:15 -1 p.m., Irvington Branch Library, 5625 E. Washington St.
- 12:15 -1 p.m., Spades Park Branch Library, 1801 Nowland Ave.
- 12:15 -1 p.m., East 38th St. Branch Library, 5420 E. 38th St.
- 12:15 -1 p.m., Brightwood Branch Library, 2435 N. Sherman Dr.
Wed., Sept. 14
- 12:15 -1 p.m., Fountain Square Branch Library, 1066 Virginia Ave.
- 12:15 -1 p.m., Lawrence Branch Library, 7898 N. Hague Rd.
- 12:15 -1 p.m., Beech Grove Branch Library, 1102 Main St., Beech Grove
- 1:15 – 2 p.m., Franklin Road Branch Library, 5550 S. Franklin Rd.
Detailed information about the Marion County Transit Plan and the long-range vision, Indy Connect, are available online at www.IndyConnect.org.
# # #
MEDIA CONTACT: Jen Thomas, email@example.com, 317-441-2487