INDIANAPOLIS – On Sunday, February 11, IndyGo will implement the first wave of local bus route improvements as part of the Transit Plan’s 70% increase in service.
IndyGo is focused on making the bus network more useable and convenient early this year by adding trips 7 days a week.
Direct benefits to riders starting Sunday, February 11, include:
- 250 plus trips added on Routes 3, 8, 10, 39, and 87
- Doubling weekend service for Routes 8 and 39
- Adding new Sunday service on Route 87
- 3 additional Sunday evening trips from the Airport to the Transit Center
Minor timing changes will be made to Route 14. All details on the specific improvements can be found at http://www.IndyGo.net/TransitPlan.
“IndyGo has been challenged to meet the growing demand for transportation options in Marion County,” says IndyGo president and CEO, Mike Terry. “We are very excited as these improvements are a significant step forward in the implementation of the Marion County Transit Plan.”
The Transit Plan will bring a 70% increase in IndyGo services and build a strong network of frequent service. Improvements in the plan include shorter wait times, longer service hours, easier transfers, and rapid transit lines along high ridership corridors.
IndyGo encourages affected riders on Routes 3, 8, 10, 14, 39, and 87 to pick up new schedules. Downloadable schedules are now available online and printed schedules will be available the first week of February.
Printed schedules can be found by:
- Calling IndyGo Customer Service at 317.635.3344 (Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.)
- Ordering maps online at the IndyGo website.
- Customer Service in the Transit Center at 201 E. Washington St. (Mon – Fri 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Sat 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)##
About IndyGo: IndyGo, the Indianapolis Public Transportation Corporation, provides public transit service throughout Marion County. Visit our website, follow @IndyGoBus on Twitter, or call 317.635.3344 for more information.
View additional IndyGo press releases at indygo.net/press-releases.